Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More English Issues....


so, yesterday in research class i wrote a poem...yeah, we had to... and iwrote a 2 line poem and rhymed "Wiglz" with "Skittles". And miss Cary is all like, "woah, that doesnt rhyme" (or something like that)so i was all sad and stuff cause i had to start over... then today in english class we learn about this Ezra Pound guy...he wtote this poem:

"In a Station of the Metro"
The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

Then we talked about how this guy became famous with this poem and how he won al these literate prizes like the bollirgen prize and the stanley cup...or something.... and i was all like, "dude, i wrote a 2 line poem yesterday and i couldnt keep it cause it wasnt "11th grade level" and because "Wiglz" and "Skittles" didnt rhyme!!! CROWD AND BOUGH DONT EVEN COME CLOSE TO RHYMING!!!!

ok, im done venting.....

2 comments:

Ruthie :) said...

Haha! Well, I guess that's just how the system works...Here I am, all skilled at writing at such...writing that makes TONS of sense to many different people, and I'm not winning any literary prizes (Stanley Cup, Luke??? :D). But there's that guy who wrote a TWO line poem that doesn't even make sense(!!!) winning cool prizes and awards that I don't get to.... D: jk. :)

I thought you were gonna write nice things??

Tah said...

Dude, not cool. I think that Wigglz and skittles rhyme.

I made up a two-line poem about that fence next to the music room (the old one):

"The end of my suspense,
Lies beyond this fence."

That's a winner right there.